使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-4-19 09:26 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
本帖最后由 mandii 于 2011-4-19 09:27 编辑

香港天文论坛

David : 星期一 18 四月, 2011 13:41

引用MANDII 寫到:
" 國外參考資料
http://www.imsc.edu.hk/pages/moon/rupesrecta.html "

This was a very poor pic taken a few years ago by me.

The moon is a wonderful target. In the last week or so I took out my 18" for many times, not for saturn because it is almost the same everyday, but for the moon. Last thursday, just me and an ex-student were observing and we spent more than 2 hours just on the moon. (Of course, the moon looked stunning in 18" at around 540x with Ethos 3.7.)

It is a shame that many people don't apprecipate the moon but it is easy to see why. There are so many targets that can look very similar, and one easily get lost. A good place to start is Charles Wood's list of Lunar 100:
http://www.astrospider.com/Lunar100list.htm

For those who have apple products, 'Moon Globe' is a wonderful app to download which is useful when using on the field. I frequently use it to demonstrate to my students what they are looking at and what they can pay particular attention to. Using this on iPad would be wonderful.

MANDII : 星期一 18 四月, 2011 17:53  
什么 ! 那张是你拍的呀??!!
好利害呀!!好清晰的rupes recta .
And thanks for your information on how to enjoy the moon , as well .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-4-19 11:30 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
《月面观察新方向定位》

月面观察有了新的开路方向,这观察包含目视和拍摄。
可谓找到了一条长久,实实在在附合现状环境的一条宽阔的天文观察道路。
过去只有月面图,而要观察的目标是很盲目的,就是在月图上看看那里自己觉得好看,比较特别的景点,然后就按月图来进行观察。今日得到香港天文论坛里的一位资深天文观察前辈 Mr.David 的重要信息,现在可收集了更进一步的一些比较有名的月球景点资料库。这景点库就是Charles Wood's list of Lunar 100 http://www.astrospider.com/Lunar100list.htm

这景点库里有100个,我想日后就按这100个景点进行观察,配合现有的月面地图,预先在月面地图中找到所要观察的景点,定好月面地图的视场(一般是12分角,随器材改动),目标位置(正常是正中心),和影像旋转角度(按牛反镜的特定方向)后,再打印月图进行观察,进行目视和拍摄,而观察的记录照片必需和原来月图的视场,位置以及影像旋转角度一致 。

我先按现在的月面观察情况来估算,一个月有一倆晚观察,一倆张的作品照片,那么最小50个月就能拍完这100个景点。也就说,光这景点库都已经能维持最小4年的天文观察乐趣了,而且是按目前的器材来算。过去是担心没天气观察,没什么好观察的天文素材,使天文的路很难走得下去,而自己又付出了那么多的心血,实在是有一点儿叹息。可现在很大程度上克服了这个问题 ! 克服了一个最基本最基础的问题 !。

计划即日生效 !

MANDII
2011/04/19
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-4-19 12:36 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
Cloudy Nights and US Astronomy :
<<A New highway to go on moon observation>>

This is my new plan on the comming at least 4 years time to engoy the moon in a practical ,sophistical way . In my past two years of astro activity , the local weather is not really good enough for advance types of astro-observation . Advance observation seems to be a bit too ideal in sense in my situation .Looking at the real fact in front of me , I decided to go on a way that is more sophistic , and more long lasting observation activity . That is : To collect the moon scenic spots into pictures in my comming years . That would be most probably one of my way to fully use my telescope , and the most basic way to enjoy the astronomy , under bad weathers ,and under probably even more bad weathers in the comming years of time .

There is 100 good scenic spots on the ground of moon in database of Charles Wood's list of Lunar 100 Lunar 100 . This is a good database I had found a long time for .With the help of Charles database , plus my current moon map software , I can prepare the target location map before the observation night . Fix down the map FOV( normally 12" under my telescope & camera ) , the target position and image rotation before observation .And take a picture of the certain sopts by the same FOV , position and image rotation during the observation nights .

According my current moon observation situation , one months I got 1 or 2 moon pictures , so I can enjoy the astronomy by the Charles database for at least 50 months or 4 years of time .

Plan come true Today !

MANDII
2011/04/19
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-11 22:57 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 电讯盈科有限公司
NO.16 )

Vallis Alpes : 2011/05/11 21:30_(West ,60,60%)_NO.16
4月16日预定的位置,Vallis Alpes 月蹊。

图1)
Orion 6" Newtonian
EQ3
web cam ( 1011 张)
Registax

图2)
Orion 6" Newtonian
EQ3
2X barlow
web cam ( 986 张)
Registax

Observe : 2011/05/11
Object_20110511_1.jpg
Object_20110511_2.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-12 11:31 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
本帖最后由 mandii 于 2011-5-12 11:36 编辑

深空天文摄影论坛QQ群(135795096)讨论:

CCCP(281280656) 10:10:45
什么巴罗

GS2C(45779596) 10:16:02
肉啊

月笙(550477353) 11:09:24
喔,刚才比较忙没注意看,2X 巴罗,6"牛和4"反倆部,EQ3,改装web cam ,Registax . 倆套设备总成本能维持在2000港币,拍照年数有1年半,照片产量16张月面图,深空照20多张,晚上白天树木风景鸟照约50张,目前单张照片成本为 2000/(16+20+50)=22 元,每天每张照片成本维持在0.04元.

义乌 宇文蓝枫(1028343361) 11:10:09
哈哈

义乌 宇文蓝枫(1028343361) 11:10:44
月兄算得很仔细啊

义乌 宇文蓝枫(1028343361) 11:11:15
应该吧

月笙(550477353) 11:10:54
没事就打下赶告,哈

月笙(550477353) 11:11:25
你们聊,我忙事了,8

CLOUDY NIGHTS

azure1961p : 05/11/11 08:48 PM from USA
Probably the most unique image presentation on CN[repeatedly]. Nice Plato shot and mountains.

Pete

MANDII : 05/11/11 10:27 PM
Thank you Pete
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-16 10:24 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
Plan_03 )

The previous two completed planning objects were Straight wall/Rupes Recta and Villas Alpes .This is my third observation plan on moon .I give an index no. "Plan_03" to it , such that it can be linked together with it's actual observation report latter . From now on , I will plan the objects according to the charles wood lunar 100 , as I had said last month .

Object : CLAVIUS
Type : Walled plain
Plan date : 2011/05/16 10:01a.m
Charles Wood picture referenece : http://www.astrospider.com/Lunar_100/L09_Clavius.htm

Description :
The type of CLAVIUS is a walled plain , according information . It's near to Tycho and on the upper side of it . And there is numerous craterlets on a such large flat floor , forming an arc chain . For me , this area is clean and clear , good place to have a visit there , let me try it !
CLAVIUS.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-18 10:32 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
外国Cloudy Nights 深入讨论月面观察

jhfenimore : 05/12/11 06:32 PM
Am spending more of my observing time on the moon. Have a 4inch APO and a 10 inch Dob with a good mirror. Would prefer to use only one of them as I study the moon so my view is consistent. Average seeing here limits magnification to about 175X. Seeking advice from experienced lunar observers on which one to use as my primary lunar scope. Thanks!
Jack

MANDII : 05/16/11 09:52 PM
I prefer 4" APO , sharp image of APO scope .
The big aperture is not really an important issue on a bright object such as moon. Instead , lens quality is the point . 2ndly, to me , to observe moon is to observe the each big and small craters , and some detail lanscape on the floor of the moon, you need to find it out among the different complex areas . The FUN is the time you navigate the ground on the moon and find a target area that you want to find it out . So you need to have a moon map as well . In finding the specific objects on the moon with the moon map , the difficulty is the image rotation angle is different to the map . For refractor , the image is fixed the angle of rotation( upside down , and east west flip ),ALL the time it's fixed regardless where your scope is pointed to . So that would becomes very easy and straight forward to find an target when you look at the map simutanousely . But with newtonion type scope such as the an DOB , it's very difficlut to check with a map together . The image is always rotated irregularly . Not only upside down and E/W Flipping , but also rotate to some angle which is depending the pointing direction of your scope . So Newtonion is the most difficlut and need the most skills to use with it .

Sarkikos : 05/16/11 10:21 PM from Maryland, USA
I enjoy observing the Moon with all sizes and sorts of scopes - Newts, refractors, MCTs - so that's not an issue for me. The orientation of the image is not much of an issue any more for me either, because I've found good lunar atlases for all the different types of scopes.

During the work week a small scope is more convenient. I like taking out my 90mm Mak for a quick Moon view, the 5" Newt if I have a little more time, the 8" Newt if I feel more energetic. I use the 10" on the weekends - if I want to allow the possibility for seeing more detail on the Moon or planets.

The brightness of the image is also not an issue. A bright object will not allow a smaller aperture to show finer detail than its aperture will allow. Only larger aperture will make finer detail possible.

There are several ways to compensate for the bright image of the Moon, if that is seen as a problem: use filters, install an apodizing mask, increase magnification a bit, keep your eyes at a higher photopic level by looking at the reflection from a bright-white-light flashlight, or all of these methods together.

Mike

MANDII : 05/16/11 10:55 PM
ohh Mike ... may be I am not familar in using the forum , I may have mistake in replying this post . Origianlly I was not reply to your post on 05/16/11 08:46 PM . I reply to Jack the poster .
May I know which moon altlas you are using , that can show the excatly same image orientation of a newtonian scope , when the scope is pointing at different direction ?

To me , how to find a specific object with a map easily , is the basis to enjoy the moon . If the image orientation is different , you are difficlut to find an object . If you can't find out a target , you cannot observe it more detailly .

Sarkikos : 05/17/11 08:41 AM from Maryland, USA
MANDII,
To be more clear exactly who you are replying to, you can type in their name at the top of your post, as I did above, or you can click "Reply" directly on their post so that their name will be referenced.

But these threads are pretty informal. I don't think people here really mind if anyone who has an idea or opinion relating to a certain post responds to that post. It never bothers me.

Mike

Sarkikos : 05/17/11 08:56 AM from Maryland, USA
MANDII,

Here are several lunar atlases which have the inverted (Newtonian) orientation:

- Hatfield Photographic Lunar Atlas, Jeremy Cook
- Kleiner Mondatlas, Antonin Rukl (inverted and reversed views)
- Photographic Atlas of the Moon, Siew Meng Chong et al.
- Moon Atlas, John Moore (natural, inverted and reversed atlases)

I agree. When I'm using a Newtonian scope, I don't want to have to hold the atlas upside down or read the labels upside down. I want the observation session to be as easy and straightforward as possible. Anything that complicates things and gets in the way of my observing needs to be corrected and simplified. It just makes good sense.

Mike

MANDII : 05/17/11 10:52 AM
Thanks Mike for your atlas , yes things should get simple to use .

Sarkikos : 05/17/11 11:50 AM from Maryland, USA
MANDII,

I remember this acronym from my days in programming: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Take no offense, this is a reminder to myself.

Mike
林月笙
[
峰迥路转]
人皆寻萝 萝里迥转吉凶 片刻春风得意 未知景物朦胧 人生如萝 萝里不分西东 寻乐不甚苦困 未识苦与乐同 他朝醒觉梧桐  是否夸凤成龙
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-23 12:34 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
本帖最后由 mandii 于 2011-5-23 12:37 编辑

Plan_04 )

Object : VALLIS SCHROTER
Type : RILLE
Plan date : 2011/05/23 12:33a.m
Charles Wood picture referenece :
[url=http://www.astrospider.com/images/moon/L17_040501.jpg ]

Description :
This is a remarkable Rille .
VALLIS SCHROTER.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-25 10:28 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
US ASTRONOMY

sxinias : 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM from Marathon Greece

Hi Mandii,

Just stopped in to say hello. I see you are now exploring the moon. Are you still observing from your roof top observatory you built?

Joe

MANDII : 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes ,it is the observatory , Joe .
or Where else I can do it ? ha ha .
I had planned two pending objects ( plan_03 & plan_04)on the moon to observe next time , probably next month .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

dfzxph 发表于 2011-5-25 11:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 浙江省台州市玉环县 电信
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-5-31 11:19 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
US ASTRONOMY

deaman49 : Yesterday, 01:06 PM from Allegany, New York

You're doing a remarkable job, and really getting some good use out of that fine Observatory. You should be proud.

Lee

MANDII : Today, 10:58 AM
Thanks Lee From New York city .

CLOUDY NIGHTS
kraterkid : 05/30/11 02:36 PM from Jacumba, California
Mandii great presentation, I like the way you integrated the JAXA and VLA to showcase your lunar images.

MANDII: 05/30/11 11:04 PM
Thank you Kraterkid , from California .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

kongfu 发表于 2011-6-1 09:19 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 日本
增长知识!可惜我基础差。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-6-10 12:37 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
CLOUDY NIGHTS

TexasRed : 06/08/11 08:15 AM from Texas

Can anyone recommend a good map of the moon oriented like the view in my dob? Or a good book for getting started in exploring the moon?

MANDII : 06/09/11 09:55 PM
Well , this is a good topic to talk about .
In my idea , in order a moon map can be used by all kinds of telescope , and all it's pointing direction , it should have 3 kinds of views . Flip E-W , N-S inverted and most importantly it can be rotated to any angle . If anybody know this kind of software( I mean it can be rotated ) , pls teach me and thankful . We need to use software of moon map , not a copy of paper , because we can do many things in computer , like searching the crators by it's name , zooming view , taking picture of crators , or etc ... So a software of moon map is better and much more convienient than just a paper of map .

Why it depands on pointing direction ? In my actual usage of a newtonian scope for a long time , I found that the pointing direction of a DOB , newtonian scope ,except the refractor type scope , can cause the image in an eyepiece , to rotate to some angle . You can easily discover this image feature when you test even a fixed territoral building with a newtonian scope .

The image in eyepeice rotates clockwisely or anti-clockwisely , when your newtonian scope is pointed at different direction or angle . Of course in this test you have to locate the telescope in different position on the ground , such that the same buiding in different pointing direction , can be seen .

simpleisbetter : 06/09/11 10:10 PM from Republic, MO
As for software always being better and more convenient than a paper atlas, I'm not certain I completely agree. But if that flexiblity in software is what you're looking for, then download and install Virtual Moon Atlas. I run it, but I still prefer Rukl, the Lunar Field Atlas, or NASA maps.

--------------------
Steve

MANDII : 06/09/11 10:28 PM
Steve , I am using it , the virtual moon atlas , but it cannot be rotated . If you like paper , you can print it out from the that software at the time of observation .

Using computer has defintely another advantage , I am doing this kind of thing recently indeed . The advantage is : The observation can be planned in computer ! Before you are going to observe an object on the ground of a moon ( e.g crators ), you can do some kind of preparation . The preparation help you find an object more easily . You just save the picture that shows the nearby region of your target object . Or print it out in an paper . Or just save it as an picture to view in a computer display . And use it during the observing night . It save you much of the time at the observing night .

This is my thread for all your reference :
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbt ... /sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

simpleisbetter : 06/09/11 11:40 PM
Hi Mandii,

Maybe I'm not following you in what you mean by it can't be rotated. If you switch to the Tools tab to the right of the screen (see atch pix), in the middle of that tab section you will see a block for rotation. You can select both default orientation and direction of rotation. It's always worked for me. Now, I will say I've noticed that when you switch to eyepiece view, it seems to want to reset to default orientation, but once eyepiece view is turned on you can simply rotate it until it matches your FOV in the eyepiece. I hope that helps.

--------------------
Steve

Robert70 : 06/09/11 11:46 PM from Lunar Map Pro. Always there..anyway you like it.

DarkSkys :06/09/11 11:53 PM from In the dark desert of Eastern ...
I kow this is kinda Off topic, but are there any free Printable moon atlases? I thought I had on old Nat geo magizine one, but I cant find it.

simpleisbetter : 06/09/11 11:58 PM from Republic, MO
Sure, they would be the Lunar Field Atlas & Photographic Moon Book I mentioned in a couple different posts earlier in the thread. Here are the links again.

Lunar Field Atlas.
Alan Chu's Photographic Moon Book

MANDII : 06/10/11 12:09 AM
WOW steve !! It works !
I had tested it just now .
Ha ha , I was not really able to use this software ,though I had used it nearly half years of time . Really tricky you are . And thanks much of that important and very USEFUL skill for me
4631281-Capture.JPG
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-6-10 14:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
台湾

大瘋起嘻:今天 12:46:42

以目標為準的觀測搜尋確實很有趣
這兩天也來玩看看

MANDII : 今天 14:36:57
呵呵,谢谢。
小玩意而已。 Grin
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

伴月星辰 发表于 2011-6-10 15:15 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 广东省佛山市 电信
好贴,学习了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-6-10 17:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-6-17 15:00 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
台湾

aa : 2011-06-17 09:34
這個 Vallis Alpes 拍的好清楚..表情

MANDII : 2011-06-17 14:59
呵, thank you .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| mandii 发表于 2011-6-20 11:40 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 香港 Hknet公司
台湾

aa : 2011-06-17 15:39
對了,你是用 DSI I 拍的嗎?

MANDII : 2011-06-18 09:59
不是,那张用这个摄像头。
有的照片也有用DSI拍,会在贴里写清楚DSI的拍摄参数 。
如果贴里是标明web cam的,那就是这部摄像头。
aa 兄于论坛里的天文作品之多,张张都有水平,有目共睹,我看过不少的。
还请往后多加指导指导,呵呵。

CLOUDY NIGHTS

Starman27 : 06/19/11 11:27 AM from Illinois, Iowa
Nice shot!

MANDII : 06/19/11 11:28 PM
Thank you Sir , Herman .

The Command Module Effect... by azure1961p from USA

MANDII : 06/17/11 11:54 PM
Well , both of you are well said .
what I am feeling is that moon has much much thing to see , than any others . There is so many landsacpes on the moon , each time you can look at them , by the use of telescopes . So we should find , and discover more things to observe on the moon ground , as much as we can . That's good .

Looking moon is better than planets , because we probably cannot see much details on a planet( Jupitor / Saturn ) , so everytime it's basicly same details to look at these planets . And you have to use very advanced telescope to reveal the details in a planets , this make the cost increase. And there is not so many planets to look at as well . So basicly each time is same as I said previously .

Comparing Deep sky objects , there is much much these objects , visual observation mainly on clusters and galaxies , imaging is engaged in nebulas . And the cost of telescope is comparatively not so high , so it's worth to look at Deep sky . However , main problem is that there is not so many good days we can have chance to observe deep sky , it is very sensitive to local weathers .

Thus , MOON OBSERVATION , is the cheapest , oftenly enjoyable target for us , than any of others ,probably as of now , and as of comming years of time which are said that the weather condition is getting bad and more bad than now . The sky is getting polluted always .

Best Regrads ,
MANDII

Sarkikos : 06/18/11 11:41 AM from Suburban Maryland, USA

MANDII,
Yes, you don't need a big powerful telescope to see plenty of detail on the Moon. My 90mm f/13.3 Mak has become my most-used Moon scope. It is very light, easily portable, can be moved on the tripod with one hand. I can set it up on the front porch, or walk it around to the side of my house or a relatively glare-free area by a nearby pond. Sure, my 10" Newt will resolve a dozen or so craterlets in Plato and the rille in Alpine Valley, but the little Mak is true grab-and-go and will show enough detail to keep me busy for hours.

And in many areas, including my neighborhood, the light pollution has gotten so bad that it is really a waste of time to look at much else besides the Moon, planets and double stars. I save the faint stuff for my trips to a dark site. But at the dark site, I avoid looking at the Moon, planets and double stars. It just makes good sense.

Mike

MANDII : 06/19/11 11:33 AM
Mike , when I was very young , I like going out many places ,Travelling etc ... instead of staying at home . At that time , I did not know there is the moon around me . When I am middle young as of now , I am getting tired going out . Most of the time I am at home or at office , of course not all the time I mean mostly saying . So, I can do fixed point observation only . And I am gradaually knowing how to use my telescope , to open one more window in looking at the night sky . I gradually learn how to navigate the ground on the moon . Funny indeed . Better than watching TV at home .
_p1010088_119.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表