找回密码
 加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

One People, One Sky

[复制链接]
天虎 发表于 2011-3-15 10:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 云南省昆明市 联通

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

x
本帖最后由 天虎 于 2011-3-15 10:09 编辑 - ^: c  B( K% H) }3 ~+ a
9 B# q, [+ K( J* E5 v1 f% t
- Y  B0 g6 E6 ^% i. E( n# e: q% q

: u/ ]7 U8 r7 aMarch 9, 2011
  ]2 U9 h& c; k) Z+ g10 Ways to Get Involved in Global Astronomy Month 20110 [9 C2 E1 {# i/ e! z7 O
gam-awb-2011-small April 2011 is rapidly approaching, and Astronomers Without Borders from all around the globe are busy organizing events to mark the celebration of the month dedicated to astronomy and the beauty of observing the sky. Join them in this global pursuit of sharing the Universe with everyone, under the motto One People, One Sky .. ]2 N1 Z" Q' p" S! a2 r

8 E" b6 }, _: }/ r* W9 p4 mThere are a myriad of ways for you and your organization to join in this sharing—from star parties to solar observations, from remote observing sessions to cosmic concerts, competitions and cultural events. Such events provide opportunities for your local astronomy club, planetarium or public observatory to take part in an international project and attract the local community to your venue. For 10 stellar ideas on how to celebrate Global Astronomy Month, go to: "10 Ways to Get Involved in Global Astronomy Month 2011 ".
7 W1 |( G8 v2 D2 E
1 p1 X5 C0 _0 E1 tAWB Event Reports1 k: M' V/ ^* q+ ^- V- r, j3 m
Eclipse without Borders: Partial Solar Eclipse - January 4 2011EwB_PSE_Jan_2011_small  J! W+ N# u7 Z: V: |& l, j* J
The January 4th partial eclipse of the Sun, visible across portions of Europe and the Middle East, was safely viewed by thousands of children and adults, aided by AWB members and affiliates. Check out these reports for samples of the action:
' K+ X, v! T/ t, F, K4 L) X3 \2 [
    FROM IRELAND, Deirdre Kelleghan, AWB National Coordinator for Ireland, led an eclipse viewing party on a frigid Irish beach: See her report at AWB Members' Blog .
# a% d1 w% y5 E* ?( Z    FROM ROMANIA, Valentin Gregore, AWB National Coordinator for Romania, assembled this beautiful collection of eclipse photos: See report at AWB Members' Blog .
  D" s) U" y2 N& f+ I, n. v: K    FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Azhy Hasan, AWB National Coordinator for Iraq, reported on eclipse viewing in three Iraqi cities as well as in Oman, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and Jordan. See report here (pdf).' a$ q  R  `" r8 x0 Y

% c7 {. d: J5 v4 vFor more on AWB’s Eclipses Without Borders program go to http://www.astronomerswithoutbor ... ithout-borders.html .5 K( M% ~& z. g7 {; ?6 L
8 I" R) L5 x# t: W, \9 y
Astropoetry for GAM 2011
) M7 s4 {/ D) O
+ d% P, I5 R) UIt’s been nearly a year since we started the AWB Astropoetry Blog , and we’ve been happily surprised by the fine poems coming in, often from people who have never written a poem before.3 n; q$ F7 J/ Q* Z
" P0 D- X6 P8 e% S$ Y9 A
This April, we plan to include a special astropoetry section in the GAM 2011 website for poems related to specific programs—in particular, Sun Day, Lunar Week, the Lyrids meteor shower, and planetarium programs. Stay tuned for more details. Meanwhile, you can submit your poems to: astropoetry@astronomerswithoutborders.org .
2 m) I* r, i+ W' c2 x) p, b% F2 T: ?$ X% v+ E
-- Bob Eklund, Astropoetry Blog Editor( B' W( x7 Q& b3 y
AWB Affiliate News: k4 e0 ]  k* W% m; i" N8 {
GLOBE at Night Campaign8 f- T- v  F4 q, \$ ~
GaN With half of the world’s population now living in cities, many urban dwellers have never experienced the wonderment of pristinely dark skies and maybe never will. Light pollution is obscuring people’s long-standing natural heritage to view stars. The GLOBE at Night program (www.globeatnight.org ) is an international citizen-science campaign to raise public awareness of the impact of light pollution by encouraging everyone everywhere to measure local levels of night sky brightness and contribute observations online to a world map. In the last 5 years, GLOBE at Night has been the most productive public light pollution monitoring campaign, collecting over 52,000 observations in a two-week period annually. This past year, during the moonless two weeks in March, the campaign set a record high of over 17,800 measurements from people in 86 countries.* T/ a1 j" u/ o1 a" c0 a3 X. Z
% H( B' N7 c) H2 C  p7 N* P
This year, the campaign is happening twice. The first campaign is February 21 through March 6 for everyone everywhere. The second campaign is March 22 through April 4 for the Northern Hemisphere and March 24 through April 6 for the Southern Hemisphere. With a new special feature, people will be able to use a smart cell phone or tablet to submit their GLOBE at Night observations to the website. (To do that, see www.globeatnight.org/webapp ).
( h# @9 A1 |  ]2 u4 I
- `$ w: w) y/ G" Q( f0 E" oJoin Globe at Night on Facebook and follow then on Twitter .
& r  J# ^* z# N! N& n1 O, u& T0 n* p6 @6 p# b
Yuri’s Night3 I0 L( y3 e6 G. m. I& V1 a/ ?
YN_50_banner
  c: \# C1 n0 m9 p; Q% M* Y4 Z% f& ~7 u7 A" J, ]8 z' d5 S
Yuri’s Night, April 12, 2011, is a World Space Party celebrating the 50th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin’s historic spaceflight. It is being announced as “the biggest space event the world has ever seen.”8 `: X: R6 m& \
# Y' \+ G% C# @/ Y
Yuri's Night is an international celebration held on this date every year to commemorate space exploration milestones. The event is named for the first and most important milestone, the launch of the first human into space. The Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin entered Earth orbit on April 12, 1961, aboard the Vostok 1 spacecraft. Yuri’s words to ground control (the first human description of our planet as seen from space) were: “The Earth is blue. How wonderful. It is amazing.”
+ w& s5 q; k( }) ?+ U( L; P0 s1 [0 B9 c1 m4 s/ [" E
As we approach this historic anniversary, the Yuri’s Night webpage, http://yurisnight.net/ , will contain a variety of YN stories and interviews.  D5 m' V3 p# [, ?/ g
. q( o2 ?6 b0 h$ J1 d, @2 r' N
AWB Volunteer Help Needed
5 \  g# z' \1 O+ g0 M: R9 B( ?+ |7 t! w& _& b7 \
Astronomers Without Borders relies on its worldwide community of volunteers. Do you have the skills to offer part-time to this global effort? Below are two areas where help is currently needed." i3 g: w! v3 Q# Q+ n
6 a) k% G0 V3 B2 h
Web site management: People with Joomla experience at all levels, from testing and content creation to back end site management, are needed to assist with the AWB and GAM web sites. Expert help with JomSocial is especially needed.
" |  p) f5 B5 `" d$ ?0 {" {, [" a% d+ l5 a0 {+ o* @
Graphic design: AWB and GAM programs require a lot of graphics work, with logos and other resources being created and translated to many languages. Those with graphics skills who work in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop are needed.+ T. v' {7 Q3 [/ |
' w6 ^' E1 f& F  S
Contact AWB President Mike Simmons .
! A$ W; U( E; V+ |4 y  k* \$ nJoin Global Astronomy Month Social Network) n% Y/ N9 R& i" Z4 u, j8 E9 P
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GAM_AWB #GAM2011
3 v- x# F; j+ `' u- @# `& u- `Facebook - http://on.fb.me/gam2011( i$ D7 q8 R/ l/ H7 E5 Z
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/groups/gam/2 s8 q0 ~1 B+ o/ p
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/globalastronomymonth
* b$ a2 t. t5 q, L! h+ d1 {, b: R: U
" I: {. j6 r, @2 Z& \2 q% hBuy Astronomers Without Borders Merchandise# p7 A1 Z& {, E2 I/ d
. [* q, u) B7 c3 q
Astronomers Without Borders now has its own merchandise available! Shirts, buttons, mugs and many other types are now available at the AWB CafePress Store . Show that you belong to the global astronomy effort these AWB products at your events.
; X: X* |- L+ S% U
% I4 F- J( V) Q8 P; vYou have received this newsletter because you are either the registered contact person for an Astronomers Without Borders Affiliate organization or you have an individual subscription.2 p  r" h' W7 ^

) [! w; _3 d' {; m. BNewsletter subscriptions for individuals:2 _2 A- g7 l# W
( I, Q% Z2 p$ F
Change your subscription
& |2 ~6 n) g+ zUnsubscribe
4 K2 i" R( I4 ~) O$ [" T: Y; K. F3 M, g/ Q. t! r7 f; n/ s