positron 发表于 2009-8-18 23:33

【Chat in English】Do you like (learning) English?

翻译版仅仅作为或基本上作为发布原创译文的地方,未免单调了些,也冷清了些。为了活跃版面,也用另外一种方式提高英语水平,特发起一个试探性活动:英语聊天,可以认为是英语形式的水版。

当然,我不打算规定:只准说英语。各位可以用任何一门语言回复(必须是地球人的,汉语(禁止拼音)、英语、或其他外语),当然,最好是英语,用英语参与的我可以酌情加分,而且如果用汉语不能太水(否则就成水版了);任何人都可以发起主题讨论,但必须以英语形式发布,并且在帖子标题中注明【英语杂聊】或【Chat in English】,受欢迎的主题可以作为精华帖的候选者。

I give the first one:

I began to learn English when I entered the middle school, now, most students have to begin to learn it when they are a little children. I think that most of us learn or learned English in school. The questions are:

Do you like or like learning English? Or any other foreign language? How do you think about English or learning English?

Everyone can says everything about this, I will talk about my point later.

大眼小蛙 发表于 2009-8-18 23:40

上面的一段话能完全看懂,但我不喜欢英语,也没有学好,这辈子算是死在英语手上了……

Elvis 发表于 2009-8-19 02:22

本帖最后由 Elvis 于 2009-8-19 02:28 编辑

for me the reason is simple and sound

English is not a source of score or grade, it is an essensial tools for me. In my college major, you must handle the professional English well, or it will be hard for you to finish anything. the docs of chips, the origin data, the latest technologies. And I never thought Eng should not be forbiddren from the school, even in primary school.

many people quarrel about Chinese English, or those people who cannot communicate with forginer even past cet6. first i want to say cet6 is nothing, second i hope you continue to learn eng. You must believe that most of people can use the eng well after finishing 10 or even less years english-learning.Only those stupid ones always complain:"it's useless to learn English!" You must believe that in the university, many freshmen can speak english well even before they pass the cet4. This ability will become a big priority sooner.

When in the society, English will make you to be a powerful superman! :D

take astronomy as a example. you can find more professional information from forum such like Cloudnight, you can buy telescopes for ORION.COM

English-learning may cost you sometime, but will bring you a big convience back. It worth you learning

last, give you a good place to talk with stranger : http://omegle.com/

nngs 发表于 2009-8-22 04:47

本帖最后由 nngs 于 2009-8-22 04:51 编辑

Learning English will open a new world to you, especially if you love astronomy.All time you cost in learning English will eventually be paid off

benlinliu 发表于 2009-8-23 09:04

positron 发表于 2009-8-26 10:53

I was a little busy this days, I'll give my point now.

First, I really do not like English or learning English, or any other languages, why we have to waste our time in languages, but not more important things? such as the science theory.

But it does not mean English is not important. Just as nngs said, Learning English will open a new world to us. To me, this saying has too means.

The first, our China is only one country of our earth, there are lots of interesting or valuablethings in other nations, if we want to know these things, we should learn their languages, as the language can be consider as the most important thing of a nation.

The second, we have to admit that our nation drops behind the west nations from the modern times, if we want to know the advanced science, we have to learn English. Just as the saying: "learning from foreign merits on technology to restrict foreign".

Maybe we can read the translation, but it must be build on that there is some one who have done the translation, and the translation is very good, or we maybe get the wrong mean from the tanslation. The tanslation by people may be not good, not to mention the computer. Especially, the best way is to solve the problems by ourselves but not by others.

positron 发表于 2009-8-26 11:03

One of the aim that we have this subforum is to provide translations to the friends who can't understand English, and the other aim is to provide a place to the friends who want to learn.

dsy100 发表于 2009-9-5 20:32

Well it's just like what my mom said when I begin studying eng. 7yrs ago:"learning english will help you know more about this world.the most important thing is that you can read something which is on---(I'm not sure if I've made it clear)---cold fields and special stuff."And now it come to the fact that I fall in love with astronomy.And for a million of times I've told othersthat these words are absolutely true.
I'm just a high school student and I'm doing well in english so for me english doesn't mean massive work and bad mark and couple of those worst memories as some high school students.Thanks to these facts, I can deeply feel the joy of mastering a language(well, not really mastered it as those cet6s and IELTSs) and getting more information and knowledges than my friends.I'm planning studying French after I have settled my colledge matters and---of course, do some further study in english since I'd like to know more and more.Maybe one day I'll be in the MUFU TRASLATION TEAM,:D

positron 发表于 2009-9-5 22:25

8# dsy100

perfect! I am sure you can be one of us now!

zhoutong1110 发表于 2009-9-9 14:34

in fact,since i entered junior high,my english level is always beyond other classmates.and last year,in senior 3,i took part in Students Spoken English Context of Jiangsu, and won the second prize.though i really doa good job in english ,i never think of treating english as my main subject in the future.my parents ever tried to persuade me learn english during university,but i refused.
i think english is just a tool ,which could help with culture comunication,and knowledge exchanging。there's no need to pay much attention to english learning.we should just combine english learning with everyday life,little by little,we'll be good at it !

littlePig 发表于 2009-9-25 21:55

It is nothing but just a tool. Tools can help you but it is just part of the life.

I am learning Japanese but that made me faint... sigh...
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 【Chat in English】Do you like (learning) English?