skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:17

伪装
Sand = camouflage

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:22

刚孵化出的小鸽子
Soft morning light highlights the head of a pigeon hatchling on my second-story windowsill. This is the fifth generation of pigeons I have observed from egg to first flight.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:24

英国建筑
A building under construction in London, England

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:40

钱德拉塔尔(指月球湖)
Chandra Tal (meaning the Lake of the Moon), is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 meters (14,000 feet) in the Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, India. The name of the lake originates from its crescent shape. What drives people to Chandartal Lake is the natural beauty, the peace and the azure blue waters. There is nothing around but the stillness as if the nature has come to a halt. Sitting here takes you to a world that you have never seen before; being here brings the magic of life back to you.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:43

Mother nature conserving water for other animals

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:46

美国大峡谷国家公园
As the sun began to rise on the Utah desert, near Canyonlands National Park, the rich fall colors of the American Southwest arrived on this late October morning in 2008. The leading edge of the storm provided the high, light-catching clouds, revealing a pastel painted sky, coloring not only the sky but also the canyons below.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:51

即时抓拍
July 13, 2009. A trio of black skimmers feeding at dusk in a pond on the beach in Santa Barbara, California. Due to the low light at the time, I used a slow shutter speed and panned with the speed of the skimmers to create this photograph.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:55

坦桑尼亚-猫头鹰
This photo was taken September 2009 near the Tarangire River in Tanzania. This nocturnal creature is rarely seen in the daylight. The beauty of the bird and clarity of the photo made this an exceptional picture.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 11:59

阿拉斯加-麦金利山
Taken near Mount McKinley after landing a plane on a nearby glacier in or near Denali National Park, Alaska. There is a little cabin near the outhouse that can't be seen from this angle. I thought that the outhouse was kind of teetering near the edge of a big cliff. Seemed like a very interesting and precarious place for an outhouse to be. I believe that this is private property. The flight to and around Denali was simply awesome.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:04

A group of mountain goats in Zermatt, Switzerland, in summer

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:11

怀俄明州大提顿国家公园
Grand Teton National Park, 2009, sunset, fall, fires and smoke framing mountains and Snake River in foreground

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:12

At sunrise the balloons take flight over the Cappodocian moonscape.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:14

曝光13秒的农田地景
A sheet lightning storm in Southern Alberta rolled in and stayed for hours.No rain fell but consistent flashes appeared through 180 degrees of the horizon.This was a 13-second time exposure in a farmer's field, with the crop lit by the mercury vapour yard light

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:16

A temple stands tall besides a severe landslide-prone road that goes towards Kunzum Pass (altitude of around 16,000 feet) as river Chandra flows through the deserted and rustic terrains. This was shot near Batal, which is the only halt before one crosses Kunzum Pass to reach Spiti valley in Himachal Pradesh, India. This zone remains cutoff from rest of the world for nearly nine months every year as snow blocks both Kunzum Pass and Rohtang Pass.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:18

This is a Kangaroo Island yacca or tate's grass tree. Unique to the island, this yacca's gum resin is harvested and shipped to Germany to make high-quality fireworks. Resilient in bush fires, these trees can be hundreds of years old. They produce a single flower or "tail" when they are burnt. This one has been sculpted by hungry cows.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:20

Here I am in one of the many reserves in Madagascar accompanied by one guide. I'm on my own trying to watch and understand those beautiful creatures that only are seen in this beautiful country. Walking around I see sitting on a log of bamboo a type of lemur, a sifaka. He is so beautiful and as I started to take a few shots of him, he started to pose for me like a real model. The funniest shot was this one, where maybe he tried to send me the message, it's ok, now you can go, you've had your scoop!

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:21

An octopus emerges from its habitat's corner for a fleeting second.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:22

In the Bach Ma jungle in central Vietnam, a small army of alien-looking grasshoppers terrorize a large leaf.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:23

Mount Ngauruhoe, Desert Road, central North Island, New Zealand. This road trip was awesome; the cloud patterns on the side of the mountain were hypnotic. We were driving north and I was trying to capture cloud movement across the mountain. For a moment the foreground was lit by a gap in the clouds.

skyczheng 发表于 2009-10-24 12:25

快乐的海豹
Crabeater seals (Lobodon carcinophagus) are one of the most curious animals I was fortunate to work with. When the gulf waters freeze over during the Antarctic winter, they hunt for the krill that live underneath the ice surface. These curious and happy seals gather around airholes, which they use to take in air after hunting or playing underwater. Scuba diving in a place like that is a wonderful and exciting adventure.
页: 1 [2] 3
查看完整版本: 国家地理10月提交的优秀作品