找回密码
 加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

照亮夜空的超级狮子座火流星视频

[复制链接]
王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 11:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

x
本帖最后由 王震石 于 2009-11-21 12:51 编辑

11月18日凌晨,一颗巨大的狮子座流星划过美国犹他州盐湖城的天空,将黑夜变白昼,超级炫丽。
所幸有当地的监控摄像头拍到了流星坠落的全过程。

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMzMDMxMjA0.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMzMTU1MzUy.html

下面是彩色视频
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8714738
 楼主| 王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 11:54 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP
尤其是那个彩色视频,太TM震撼了!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 12:50 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP
以下是当时的情景描述。

Meteor lights up early morning sky, alarms Utahns
November 18th, 2009 @ 10:08pm
Read it in Spanish

SALT LAKE CITY -- A fast-moving meteor lit up the night skies over most of Utah just after midnight Wednesday. Moments later, the phones lit up at KSL as people across the state called to tell us what they saw and ask what it was.
Scientists are calling it a "remarkable midnight fireball." The source of all the excitement was basically a rock, falling from space.
In addition to KSL, witnesses to the meteor quickly began call 911.
"I'm currently driving, but I just saw a giant blue flash in the sky, and it came down into the city," a caller from Ogden said.
A caller in Bountiful told dispatchers, "It flashed from the west, and it lit up the whole freakin' neighborhood."
A Salt Lake City caller said, "Ma'am, I'm not kidding you. I am terrified."
Professor David Kieda is chair of the University of Utah's astronomy department. He said the energy of the meteor coming into Earth's atmosphere was so powerful it has to be measured in Terawatts.
"It's almost like the consumption of the United States all at once. It was a fraction of a second," Kieda said.
When a meteor enters the atmosphere, it gives off a lot of heat and light. Folks at the Clark Planetarium say this rock was big--between the size of a microwave and washer-dryer unit.
"I mean this thing lit up the sky, literally. It was like daylight." - Patrick Wiggins, NASA Solar AmbassadorAt exactly 12:07, people from all over the western United States watched as the bolide meteor crashed into Earth's atmosphere. In some areas, the flash of light was so bright it caused light-sensor street lamps to shut off.
Clark Planetarium Director Seth Jarvis said the stony meteorite was probably traveling 80,000 miles an hour when it hit our atmosphere. He said it happened 100 miles up in the air; so despite the brightness, Utah was never in any danger.
"These collisions can do damage, but they are extremely rare; and literally once in a century do you observe something that's actually doing damage," he said.
Witness Andy Bailey said, "Oh, it lit up the whole sky, like almost brighter than the day. It was bright."
Don White was in Wyoming and told KSL Newsradio for a moment he suspected a nuclear strike. "With something that brilliant and that fast, it was like, whoa, did we just get hit or something? It would have been some bigger noise I guess if a nuclear device had gone off," he said.
"I've seen falling stars before, but nothing like that before," said witness James Albin.
KSL received reports that the light show was picked up as far away as Tucson, Santa Fe, Butte and Frisco Peak near Milford in southwest Utah.
The University of Utah has an observatory at 9,500 feet on Frisco Peak, which captured images of the fireball itself.
"All of the sudden the whole entire sky turned blue almost like lightning was striking." - Jon OlschewskiEveryone who saw it has a once-in-a-lifetime story.
Resident Jon Olschewski said, "I noticed to the left something streaking through the sky. It was this meteor that was exploding. It was breaking off into at least five big chunks."
Many surveillance systems captured the spectacular blast of light.
"When you got this mass coming through the atmosphere, and these things are going fast, it's like if you could travel that fast on I-15, you could get from Salt Lake to St. George in a matter of 5 seconds. So these things are really going, hits the atmosphere and it makes so much pressure on its leading edge that it just shatters itself," Jarvis explained.
Roy Merrell also saw the light. He said, "There was this flash in the room, the room basically just lit up."
Others recorded a sequence of shadows as fantastic as any Hollywood studio could create.
Patrick Wiggins, NASA Solar System Ambassador to Utah, said, "To realize it was up so high--people are thinking it's right close--but the thing was up so high it was seen between L.A., Las Vegas and, of course, all over Utah. I mean, this thing was way up there."
Scientists believe it was not part of the famous Leonid debris stream; instead a sporadic asteroid, a midnight fireball, which exploded in the atmosphere with an energy equivalent of up to one kiloton of TNT.
"It was almost, I could say, like celestial," Olschewski said. "You know what I mean? One of those kind of moments like 'oh my gosh,' like 'I'm not ready' kind of thing."
In Tooele County, residents reported that they felt that moment when the meteor shattered. Wiggins said it took about 5 minutes for the sonic boom, but said he's not surprised people felt it.
"Most meteors, you don't hear them, but this one was close enough and big enough that, yeah, you definitely heard the thing. It was exciting," he said.
In fact, seismology monitors at the University of Utah picked up the rumble from the air.
Wiggins said, from his calculations, the pieces of the meteor likely fell over Dugway. He said it's possible meteorites could also be found elsewhere. He said it can't hurt to look around your yard; if you happen to find one it could be worth thousands of dollars.
KSL also received video clips of the meteor from Utah residents. Click on the video links to the right to watch the clips.
------
Story compiled with information from Alex Cabrero, Shara Park, Mary Richards and Randall Jeppesen.
让美丽的星空与人们的心灵相会。
E-mail:superleo818@sohu.com
QQ:1292626399
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 12:59 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP
照亮夜空的巨大火球和地面的情景。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 13:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP
当天早晨6点多,人们在天空中看到一些奇怪的烟雾状云,据分析应该就是那颗巨大火流星留下的余迹。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 王震石 发表于 2009-11-21 13:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 鹏博士BGP
有人还在城外的森林中看到了燃烧过的树木,难道这也是“狮子”的杰作?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

skyczheng 发表于 2009-11-21 13:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 河北省石家庄市 电信
来厉害了,不简单的一颗!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ydy85 发表于 2009-11-21 13:30 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 联通
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

凯撒独行 发表于 2009-11-21 13:35 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 云南省昆明市 电信
很好很强大,剩下陨石么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

夜末 发表于 2009-11-21 15:10 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 联通
哇~~太厉害了~~我超喜欢的火流星哦~~好久没看到了~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

divisoria 发表于 2009-11-21 18:03 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省泉州市 电信
哇赛, 这个历害哦. 我喜欢.  能捡到一颗的话,说不定里面有外星人的细胞呢...........
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

slbgk 发表于 2009-11-21 21:42 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 江苏省苏州市 电信
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

哈磊 发表于 2009-11-21 22:15 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 北京市 联通
r如果当时拍这颗流星那那张照片就一片白色。。。哈哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

zhoutong1110 发表于 2009-11-21 23:13 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 江苏省南京市 电信
如果真是狮子座群内流星应该不会有残骸吧,彗星是脏雪球嘛……