找回密码
 加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

美国科学爱好者Alan Taylor的博客:全球一年的火山照片精选

[复制链接]
人与自然 发表于 2011-9-4 17:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 广东省中山市 电信

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

x
本帖最后由 人与自然 于 2011-9-4 19:27 编辑

来源:http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/02/a-year-of-volcanic-activity/4/

(由于水平有限,以下翻译仅仅对一些关键的词语作出,有兴趣者可以深入了解一下,请大家多多包涵,如果Alan Taylor发现本坛使用其博客且不同意本坛使用的话,请告知我们,我们将作出处理)

以下图片需要点击然后拉出到新窗口,因为有些图片只是显示了一部分   

Alan Taylor简介:
     In Focus is The Atlantic's news photography blog. Several times a week, I'll post entries featuring collections of images that tell a story. My goal is to use photography to do the kind of high-impact journalism readers have come to expect on other pages of this site. Along the way, I'll cover a range of subjects, from breaking news and historical topics to culture high and low. Sometimes, I'll just showcase amazing photography.
    “焦点”是大西洋的新闻摄影博客,一周更新几次,把有故事的新闻照片综合呈现给各位。我的目标是用摄影满足读者们期待的高影响力。在科学探索的道路上,我涵盖的学科范围,包括从突发新闻和各种历史性课题文化。有时,我就展示一些让人充满惊异的摄影照片。

I got into this back in 2008, when I created the Big Picture news photo blog for the Boston Globe. I ran that site for two years before joining The Atlantic to start "In Focus" in January of 2011.
     2008年我回到工作岗位,那时为波士顿全球公司创立了“大图片”新闻照片博客,一直经营了两年,之后的2011年1月,我加盟大西洋公司并创立了“焦点”新闻摄影博客

About me: I grew up on the West Coast, primarily in Washington state, but lived and worked in California and Alaska as well. When I was young, I wanted to grow up to be an astronaut or astrophysicist, after college I thought I wanted to be a writer, but I ended up finding a career as a web developer as the web sprang into life, and I found myself in the right place at the right time. I learned a lot from my time working for MSNBC.com, Amazon.com, and the Boston Globe. I discovered a way to combine my love of storytelling, photography and photojournalism with the web skills I'd developed over nearly 15 years, and to create a new platform for telling visual stories on the web.
      Alan Taylor 在华盛顿州(微软的总部)长大,曾在加利福尼亚和阿拉斯加工作过,年轻时的理想是做宇航员或天体物理学家,现在是一名网络开发工程师。虽然没有实现年轻时候的梦想,但是这是一个合适的时间段的合适的工作。

Feb 4, 2011 |

A number of volcanoes made headlines over the past year, as they wreaked havoc on nearby communities, grounded planes, and spewed lava, gases, and ash into the air. Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull took center stage last April, with Indonesia's Mount Merapi causing local devastation late last year. At any given time there are dozens of erupting volcanoes around the world - one in Japan named Shinmoedake is just now stirring for the first time in 52 years, rattling windows and dropping ash on nearby towns. Collected here are images of volcanic activity around this world of ours over the past year. [32 photos]

在过去的一年里,火山成为了媒体的头条新闻,全球总共有12次火山爆发,以下是这些火山壮观的图片。

An aerial view shows Shinmoedake peak erupting between Miyazaki and Kagoshima prefectures January 27, 2011. Ash and rocks fell across a wide swath of southern Japan straddling the prefectures of Miyazaki and Kagoshima on Thursday, as one of Mount Kirishima's many calderas erupted, prompting authorities to raise alert levels and call on for an evacuation of all residents within 2 km (1.2 miles) radius of the volcano. (REUTERS/Kyodo)

鸟瞰图显示日本西南宫崎县和鹿儿岛之间的Shinmoedake火山爆发,2011年1月27日。

登录/注册后可看大图

Shinmoedake peak erupts, as seen from Takaharu Town Office, Miyazaki prefecture early morning January 27, 2011. Picture taken by long exposure. Picture taken January 27, 2011. (REUTERS/Takaharu Town Office)
    同上,日本火山

登录/注册后可看大图

A man removes volcanic ash from a roof of his residence in Miyakonojo city in Miyazaki prefecture, Japan's southern island of Kyushu on February 2, 2011. A series of eruptions from a volcano Shinmoedake in southern Japan fired columns of ash and smoke thousands of metres in the air early, with the cloud delaying some international flights to Tokyo. (JIJI PRESS/AFP/Getty Images)
同上,日本火山

登录/注册后可看大图

A group of people walk next to the erupting Pacaya volcano in Villa Canales, 31 miles (50 km) south of Guatemala City on Friday, June 4, 2010. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)
  帕卡亚火山位于危地马拉首都以南25公里帕卡亚火山海拔2252米,是该国33座火山中最活跃的火山之一。
   危地马拉国际机场因2010年5月27日附近的帕卡亚火山不断喷出火山灰而暂时关闭。

登录/注册后可看大图

People walk next to the erupting Pacaya volcano in Villa Canales, south of Guatemala City on Friday, June 4, 2010. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)
同上,帕卡亚火山

登录/注册后可看大图

People watch the erupting Pacaya volcano in Villa Canales on Friday, June 4, 2010. Guatemala's Pacaya volcano began a series of eruptions on Thursday, May 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)

2010年6月4日,人们观看帕卡亚火山爆发卡,2010年5月27日危地马拉帕卡亚火山开始喷发

登录/注册后可看大图

A resident from Pocitos village prays over dried lava after a mass was held near the erupting Pacaya volcano in the municipality of Villa Canales, just south of Guatemala City, Wednesday, June 9, 2010. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)
祈祷

登录/注册后可看大图

Mount Sinabung volcano spews smoke in Suka Nalu village in the district of Tanah Karo, in Indonesia's North Sumatra province August 30, 2010. (REUTERS/Tarmizy Harva)

2010年8月30日,印度尼西亚的北苏门答腊省苏卡那鲁村区的丹那卡罗的Sinabung火山喷出烟雾

登录/注册后可看大图

An Indonesian man carries tools as he prepares to carry out some maintenance work on ash-covered roads in the village of Cemoro Lawang near the active Mount Bromo volcano in the east of Indonesia's central Java island early on December 24, 2010. Bromo, a popular tourist attraction, began rumbling late November, 2010 and a series of eruptions occured on December 19, with the volcano shooting columns of ash some 1,000 meters into the sky.
同上,印尼火山

登录/注册后可看大图

A general view shows a village covered by aerlier mud flows from mount Merapi in Yogyakarta on January 10, 2011. Indonesia's most active volcano, Mount Merapi in central Java, has killed more than 350 people in a series of violent eruptions which started in late October. (ALTAMIRA/AFP/Getty Images)
位于印度尼西亚中爪哇省的默拉皮火山导致泥石流

登录/注册后可看大图

A house kitchen is covered by ash in Cangkringan village off the Indonesia's Central Java province, November 6, 2010, the ash had erupted from nearby Mount Merapi. (REUTERS/Dwi Oblo)
位于印度尼西亚中爪哇省的默拉皮火山10月26日下午开始喷发火山灰,这次爆发给印尼造成重大生命和财产损失

登录/注册后可看大图

Colima Volcano, Mexico's most active, has been erupting since 1998. The eruption began with several months of earthquakes beneath the volcano, followed by explosions and rockfalls at the summit lava dome as it began to grow. Dome growth was accompanied months later by a series of lava flows which cascaded down the southwestern flank of the mountain, stretching up to 3,100 m (10,000 ft) from the summit. In January 2011, local newspapers reported "dust plumes" rising over Colima, likely pulverized lava stirred up by landslides at the summit dome. This natural-color satellite image was acquired on January 22, 2010, by the Advanced Land Imager (ALI) on Earth Observing-1 (EO-1). The perspective of the image (straight down) flattens the appearance of the peak, which is in reality a classic steep-sided stratovolcano. (NASA/Earth Observatory)

科利马火山是墨西哥最为活跃也是潜在破坏力最强的活火山之一,被称为“火的火山”。5月23号和30号科利马火山曾发生两次大规模喷发。科利马火山正在处於正常活动的阶段,不认为它会在短期内爆发,附近社区也很安全,但需要保持戒备。科利马火山高3860米,位处人口稀疏的乡郊地方,是近年墨西哥最活跃的火山。

登录/注册后可看大图

Indonesian worshippers descend from the crater of Mount Bromo in East Java province on January 28, 2011. The worshippers gave offerings to the god of the mountain, praying for the safety of local people. (AMAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images)

印度尼西亚火山居民拜祭山神

登录/注册后可看大图

An Indonesian worshipper descends from the crater of Mount Bromo in East Java province on January 28, 2011. (AMAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images)
印度尼西亚东爪哇省火山居民祭祀

登录/注册后可看大图

Volcanic lightning or a dirty thunderstorm is seen above Shinmoedake peak as it erupts, between Miyazaki and Kagoshima prefectures, Japan, in this photo taken from Kirishima city on January 28, 2011. (REUTERS/Minami-Nippon Shimbun)
日本火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Aerial view taken on October 15, 2010 of lava streams flowing out of the Piton de la Fournaise volcano on the French island of la Reunion in the Indian ocean. The eruption took place on October 14, 2010 near the "Chateau Fort" site, south east of the volcano, one of the world's most active. (RICHARD BOUHET/AFP/Getty Images)
2010年10月14日,法国留尼旺岛上的弗尔乃斯火山(Piton de la Fournaise)开始喷发熔岩流。图为鸟瞰该火山喷发出的熔岩流。位于印度洋西南部的弗尔乃斯火山是世界上最活跃的活火山之一。

登录/注册后可看大图

A man shows the stitches he received after being injured by a volcanic rock on the slopes of the Pacaya Volcano, 45km outside Guatemala City on May 28, 2010. (REUTERS/Daniel LeClair)
可怜的灾民

登录/注册后可看大图

A plume of smoke rises from the crater of Mount Shinmoedake in the Kirishima mountain range of Kagoshima prefecture on Japan's southern island of Kyushu on February 4, 2011. The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range, featured in the 1967 James Bond film "You Only Live Twice", has continued a series of deafening blasts which began with the start of its first major eruption for 52 years last week. (KAZUHIRO NOGI/AFP/Getty Images)
日本火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Villagers from Wukirsari village in Sleman, near the ancient city of Yogyakarta, Indonesia on November 4, 2010, watch as Mount Merapi volcano erupts, spewing out towering clouds of hot gas and debris. (REUTERS/Beawiharta)
印尼默拉皮火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano spews molten rocks and large clouds of gas and ash near Banos, 178 km (111 miles) south of Quito, Ecuador on November 29, 2010. Tungurahua, which means "Throat of Fire" in the local Quechua language, has been classified as active since 1999, and produced a strong eruption in 2008. (REUTERS/Carlos CampanaY)

2010年1月11日,厄瓜多尔通古拉瓦火山喷出岩浆和火山灰。通古拉瓦火山位于厄瓜多尔中部的安第斯山脉中,离首都基多约180公里,是厄瓜多尔活动最频繁、危险性最大的火山之一。当地土著语中,“通古拉瓦”意为“火喉”。

登录/注册后可看大图

A view of a dome of lava is seen at a eruptive crater at Shinmoedake peak between Miyazaki and Kagoshima prefectures January 31, 2011. (REUTERS/Kyodo)
日本火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano spews molten rocks and large clouds of gas and ash on November 30, 2010. (REUTERS/Carlos Campana)
厄瓜多尔通古拉瓦火山喷出岩浆和火山灰

登录/注册后可看大图

View from Palitahua, Ecuador on May 29, 2010, of the Tungurahua volcano erupting. (RODRIGO BUENDIA/AFP/Getty Images)

厄瓜多尔通古拉瓦火山喷出岩浆和火山灰

登录/注册后可看大图

Villagers watch as Mount Merapi spews volcanic materials in Cangkringan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010. (AP Photo/Trisnadi)

位于印度尼西亚中爪哇省的默拉皮火山26日下午开始喷发火山灰,火山观测站负责人亨德拉特莫在接受新华社电话采访时说,这座海拔2968米的火山当天下午已数次喷发火山灰。他说,这是火山爆发的前兆。另据美都电视台报道,连续不断的火山灰喷发导致居住在附近的大批居民紧急疏散,火山灰导致一些人被烧伤,并造成一人死亡。2010年以来,默拉皮火山的活动开始活跃。印尼火山监测机构25日把火山喷发的警戒级别提升到最高级,这意味着该火山随时可能喷发。印尼共有火山400多座,其中活火山129座。默拉皮火山最近一次爆发是2006年。

登录/注册后可看大图

Indonesia's Mount Merapi spews massive hot clouds of volcanic ash and rocks as seen from Sleman district in central Java on November 6, 2010. (SONNY TUMBELAKA/AFP/Getty Images)

位于印度尼西亚中爪哇省的默拉皮火山

登录/注册后可看大图

An Indonesian man smokes a cigarette as he keeps himself warm in the ash-covered village of Cemoro Lawang near the active Mount Bromo volcano in the east of Indonesia's central Java island early on December 24, 2010. (CHRISTOPHE ARCHAMBAULT/AFP/Getty Images)
印尼火山

登录/注册后可看大图

A Congolese soldier and guard for Virunga National Park looks down into a lava lake boiling in the crater of Nyiragongo volcano near Goma in eastern Congo August 30, 2010. (REUTERS/Finbarr O'Reilly)
尼拉贡戈火山是世界上最危险的一座火山,据科学家说,位于山下的城市戈马重蹈庞培古城的覆辙是迟早的事。但是由于它坐落在饱受战乱蹂躏的刚果东部地区,科学家并不了解它的两个2英里(3.22公里)高的大熔岩“炉”,因此也不清楚这种毁灭性灾难何时会发生。
  据估计,位于尼拉贡戈火山脚下的戈马(Goma)有100万人,由于很多村民为了躲避造反者和government军纷纷逃往这里,该市的人口一直在迅速增加。最近几年这座火山两次爆发,戈马受到沉重打击,市内房屋被毁,人们纷纷逃离家园。但是地震学家认为,目前不仅该市附近,就连它的下面也充满了风险。过去20年间,这一地区几乎一直饱受战乱之苦,大量人口从附近的卢旺达流向这里。2万个联合国部队维护着该地不堪一击的破碎和平,这是世界上最大的一项维和任务。

登录/注册后可看大图

A fresh cloud of ash rises from the volcano under the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland May 16, 2010. (REUTERS/Ingolfur Juliusson)
冰岛火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Activity is seen inside the volcano in southern Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull glacier, Wednesday, April 21, 2010. (AP Photo/Brynjar Gauti )
冰岛首都雷克雅未克以东125公里的南部亚菲亚德拉冰盖上的艾雅法拉火山。艾雅法拉火山是一个成层火山,高度大约为1666米,是由此前多次喷发的火山灰、岩浆和岩石等沉积形成的。2010年3月20日,艾雅法拉火山开始了190年来的首次喷发。这次喷发形成了一条长达500米的裂缝,并产生了壮观的熔岩喷涌。熔岩喷涌沿着火山口堆积起数座充满泡沫的火山岩小山。

登录/注册后可看大图

A man walks across the ash covered land at Kali Adem village in Sleman on October 28, 2010, where tourists sheltered from the Mount Merapi eruption. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images)
印尼默拉皮火山

登录/注册后可看大图

Mount Etna spews lava on the southern Italian island of Sicily on January 13, 2011. Mount Etna is Europe's tallest and most active volcano. (REUTERS/Antonio Parrinello)

埃特纳火山位于意大利西西里岛东岸,其名来自希腊语Atine,意为“我燃烧了”。为欧洲最高活火山。海拔3,200公尺(10,000呎)以上,周长约160公里,喷发物质覆盖面积达1,165平方公里。主要喷火口海拔3,323米,直径500米;常积雪。周围有200多个较小的火山锥,在剧烈活动期间,常流出大量熔岩。海拔1,300米以上有林带与灌丛,500米以下栽有葡萄和柑橘等果树。山麓堆积有火山灰与熔岩,有集约化的农业。埃特纳火山位于地中海火山带,是亚欧板块与印度洋板块交界处。火山周围是西西里岛人口最稠密的地区。地质构造下层为古老的砂岩和石灰岩,上层为海成泥炭岩和粘土。
  埃特纳火山下部是一个巨大的盾形火山,上部为300米高的火山渣锥,说明在其活动历史上喷发方式发生了变化。由于埃特纳火山处在几组断裂的交汇部位,一直活动频繁,是有史记载以来喷发历史最为悠久的火山,其喷发史可以上溯到公元前1500年,近年来埃特纳火山一直处于活动状态,距火山几公里远就能看到火山上不断喷出的气体呈黄色和白色的烟雾状,并伴有蒸气喷发的爆炸声。
  据文献记载,埃特纳火山已有500多次爆发历史,被称为世界上喷发次数最多的火山。它第一次已知的爆发是在公元前475年,距今已有2400多年的历史。而最猛烈的爆发则是在公元1669年,持续了4个月之久,滚滚熔岩冲入附近的卡塔尼亚市,使整个城市成为一片火海,2万人因此而丧生。18世纪以来,火山爆发更加频繁,本世纪已喷发10余次。1950~1951年间,火山连续喷射了372天,喷出熔岩100万立方米,又摧毁了附近几座市镇。1979年起,埃特纳火山的喷发活动持续3年,其中1981年3月17日的喷发是近几十年来最猛烈的一次,从海拔2500米的东北部火山口喷出的熔岩夹杂着岩块、砂石、火山灰等以每小时约1公里的速度向下倾泻,掩埋了数十公顷的树林和众多葡萄园,数百间房屋被摧毁。

埃特纳火山于2011年5月12日又一次喷发。在喷发活动最剧烈的时间段内,距离火山数公里外的村镇都能感受到房屋门窗的晃动,埃特纳火山锅型火山口内岩浆夹杂着火山灰冲天而起,引发的巨响在邻近的一些村镇也清晰可见。与此同时,四处弥漫的火山灰则飘落到了邻近的诸多区域,埃特纳火山所在的卡塔尼亚市的机场就因为火山灰飘落到跑道上面而临时关闭。此外,由于罗马5.11地震的传言和西班牙发生5.3级地震的事实,埃特纳火山此次规模不小的活动也一度引发了许多当地居民的恐慌,令他们以为地震来临。不过,据意大利相关机构的观察和分析,此次埃特纳火山的喷发应该只是一次常规性的活动,与地震无关。目前来看喷发活动也正在持续减缓,未来一段时间内应当不至于有极具破坏性的后果,卡塔尼亚市国家地球物理与火山研究院也一直在对埃特纳火山进行密切的监测。

登录/注册后可看大图

Smoke billows from a volcano in Eyjafjallajokull on April 16, 2010. (HALLDOR KOLBEINS/AFP/Getty Images)
艾雅法拉火山位于冰岛南部亚菲亚德拉冰盖,当地时间2010年4月14日凌晨1时(北京时间9时),火山开始喷发,喷发地点位于冰岛首都雷克雅未克以东125公里,岩浆融化冰盖引发洪水,附近约800名居民紧急撤离。最新喷发始于4月13日,当天,临近的一座无冰火山口的熔岩喷涌强度正在减弱。火山喷发散发的热量令覆盖在火山口上650英尺(约合200米)厚的冰川迅速融化,这个火山口是艾雅法拉火山的一部分。

评分

参与人数 1牧夫币 +12 收起 理由
yangjj76 + 12 原创翻译

查看全部评分

楼主| 人与自然 发表于 2011-9-4 19:23 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 广东省中山市 电信
太美丽了! 自然壮观,比任何灾难片都震撼!
张紫恒 发表于 2011-9-4 18:19

呵呵,超级版主就是超级版主,很有内涵,很有欣赏水平啊。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

duwazerg 发表于 2011-9-4 19:31 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 广东省清远市 电信
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽