牧夫天文网

找回密码
 加入牧夫(请注明天文爱好者,否则无法通过审核)

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

[多图]36寸[914mm口径]DOB

[复制链接]
 楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Once the outside was ground nicely, the inside diameter was routered and hand-ground with garnet....
3inchOakAltitudeBearing2.jpg
All that is not 3 inch Oak Altitude Bearing....

Allthatisnot3inchOakAltitudeBearing.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:47 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Next came laying out the Cherry spoke pattern.... I, to this day 15+ years later, still love the look of the 20" scope, so similar to it, I created massive bearings to scale....
CherrySpokesLayout.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:48 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
The clamps are holding the cluster of rods which fit in a hidden pocket where they radiate from....

StainedBearingRing.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:49 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
I needed to let things cure so that when the bearing was split into two pieces both would be identical tip to tip. In use the bearings have more spokes towards the end that would not have the box to bolt it to, and therefore would assist in compression when the scope is horizontal (form follows function).... Again calculations show this will not flex of the unsupported section more than 0.0002" in compression. So now it was time to split the bearing ring....

After sweating bullets, I made the cuts....

SplittingtheBearing.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:51 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
I prefer the FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic玻璃纤维增强塑料) and Teflon聚四氟乙烯 combination. I've used other scopes with different materials but I think this configuration is better. And folks that have used my scopes agree, it's like butter; no sticking....

LaminatingFRP.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
I actually was quite pleased with how the bearings turned out.. There are a couple of marks and a little blood on them, but I think they are quite beautiful....

FinishedBearings.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Time to bolt them into place..., identically....

BearingAttachmentSetup.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:53 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
The measurement offsets from reference points say these are good to transfer punch and drill....

Yeplooksthesame.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:57 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信

组装DOB主要部件

Now for Assembling Some Major Components....

Trusted friends.... This is the second time the paper covering has been removed and the first time the mirror is lifted.

DSC00271a.jpg

The weight is 250 pounds but not too much for a few guys....

DSC00273a.jpg

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 02:59 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
DSC00285a.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:00 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
TheCrew.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
FocusCheckTwilight1.jpg

DSC00318a.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
跷板箱和底板

Now for the Rocker Box and Ground Board....
Rocker box sides with the lift bearings placed in there for fit.

RockerBoxSides.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Here is a closeup of the lift bearings. Two 2.375 bearings are side by side on a steel shaft with an off-centered hole through the cylinder. With a slight twist the bearings will rise and make contact, lifting the Alt Bearing a small amount and relieving some pressure off of the Teflon and a jam nut to hold it there....

AltLiftBearings.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:07 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Three bolts which surround the center pin on which the scope pivots, will press their Teflon pads against an FRP plate on the Ground Board. This removes pressure off of the three 6" diameter Teflon pads to make the scope turn more freely in azimuth. The brass spring-loaded electrical connectors will ride on siver-greased copper rings as the scope turns thereby eliminating any cords. In the Observatory, underground power comes up underneath the scope....

PushPinLiftandSpringLoadedPowerConnectors1.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:08 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Once the FRP was laminated onto the bottom of the Rocker Box I used whatever I had to press and make good contact. Once again you can see joints are stained. Everything was glued and screwed with excess glue wiped off using a dampened cloth. Stain was applied while the glue was wet since it will permeate the joint when wet but if allowed to dry the glue will seal the wood and no stain will penetrate...

Here the Rocker Box is stained. Only needs Urethaning and parts....

RockerBoxStained.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Now Urethaned and parts assembled onto it....

AzimuthEncoderMounted.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
Closeup of the bearing lift system. Also, the two spring loaded pins that ride on the rings are seen in the electrical box and feed three lighter outlets each with a 20A breaker....

TeflonandBearingsforAltitude.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:10 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
On the inside edge of each wall is a Teflon arc which has a recessed spring to keep the Mirror Box centered within the Rocker Box, so the two don't slide perpendicular to the altitude motion....

登录/注册后可看大图

The Ground Board has the two silver-greased rings and within that is the FRP pad for the three pin-lift bolt/Teflon pads, as well as, the 6" diameter Teflon main pads and a foam capped with Teflon tape dust seal....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| steveyzh 发表于 2011-7-23 03:11 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 福建省莆田市 电信
A closeup of the copper rings. The four bolt heads seen secure a 1/2" steel backing plate that the center pin threads through....

FRPPushplateandSilverGreaseCoatedElectricalRings.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表